Minimizing.... kinda?

Hi everyone!

So as I stated in my introduction post, I have been very interested in minimalism and have been trying to apply it to my own life. I did start this process before I decided that I would be moving out of state. I started learning about minimalism by listening to many podcasts and watching many YouTube videos about the minimalist lifestyle including minimalist apartment tours. My family is building a house so minimizing has worked out in the favor of us beginning this moving process. 

I have added a few pictures of just my bedroom because that is really all I have to work on. I feel that my most drastic changes have been the closets and the shelf above my bed. Obviously I am kind of cheating because I have been packing stuff up to move. The shelf above my bed was packed with stuffed animals I have had since I was little (which I will not get rid of, by the way) along with books that I have never read. When I have more time, I plan on getting rid of some of the books if I truly do not plan on reading them. I do realize that my night stand needs a little cleaning up, I will get there. (haha)

In the middle picture, I honestly could not tell you that last time I had seen the floor of this closet. I had a big organizer just filled with junk that I did not need. I finally was able to empty it and move it on out of here. I also have went through and donated multiple pieces of clothing that I had been holding on to. In the right picture of my other closet, I am planning to get rid of the little organizer sitting in the middle. I used the Marie Kondo method for folding my clothes that I did not want to hang up. 



Here are some more images to show my packing process and how much time it can truly take to minimize the material things in life. Since I am packing and moving, I cannot truly show how I am minimizing. If you know me well, you know that I have done a pretty good job so far. That being said, though I am not sure how minimized my fiance will let me go, I do plan on continuing this process after we are all moved in and situated!


I would like to leave this post with this super cute, simplistic lamp I picked up to go along with the simplistic lifestyle I am working toward. Thank you for reading!

Live Happy :)

GT

Comments

Rita said…
Well, from someone who knows you, you have a fantastic job getting rid of what you don't want or need any more!
Anonymous said…
I like reading your posts I can’t wait to read more as you start your adventure outside of your hometown. Tell us more about the folding!
Heather said…
Enjoyed reading your blog!! But where are you moving and when??
Tink said…
I love your blog and it’s pushed me already to do some things I’ve been wanting to and for someone who knew you well you’ve done an amazing job with minimizing .

Popular Posts