Jumbled

I have been struggling with what to write about lately so this will seem quite jumbled.


Lately I have been so busy with work and school and preparing for relocation and marriage.


I wanted to write a little bit about minimalism and some questions I have been asked. Being a minimalist does not mean that you do not do anything for yourself or allow yourself to have nice things. In my opinion and experience, the less I spend on materialistic things, the more money I have to spend on memories and more things that I prioritize. For example, I was just able to get my hair done because I have done a fair job managing my money lately. Anyone who gets their hair done professionally knows that it can be expensive. I wanted this and was able to do it without hurting my bank account too much. I also just purchased a new bed spread for when my fiance and I move into our new place. I will say that I do splurge sometimes, but usually I spend the most money on food.


There are also some minimalists who resort to only having five to seven outfits. I, on the other hand, will not be doing this. It is all about what is best for you and your priorities. I am in the midst of figuring out "my style" if I even have one, and I like clothes....a lot.


I would not suggest trying to minimize on your hobby(s). For example, if you sew or paint, it is ideal to have a surplus of supplies. So, with this in mind, I would recommend minimizing in other aspects of your life in order to keep up with your hobby.


I hope I am not overdue on my blogging and you enjoyed this read. The clock is winding down!


Live Happy :)


GT

Comments

Rita said…
I'm glad you are figuring out what works for you.
Great blog!
Anonymous said…
I’m really happy for you g-difficult, happy late birthday 😋

Popular Posts